Huge aud for Shortie finale; Doctor Who regeneratesby Fiona Rae
Welcome to TV Informer, a news and information blog featuring snippets and links related to the wacky world of television. Questions and comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A huge audience watched the Shortland Street cliffhanger finale; Throng has the stats.
• TV and film critics worldwide are stampeding to declare not only their best-ofs for 2009, but their best-ofs for the whole decade. The UK Times' critics have a discussion here, followed by their top 50. It's not hard to guess which HBO TV show made it to No 1. Meanwhile Times' critic Andrew Billen muses on the decade in TV here and there's a list of the Times' top 100 films here.
• Still in the UK, excitement (and sadness) builds as the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) prepares to regenerate in a Christmas special called The End of Time. The Guardian has a look at all the new Doctor, Matt Smith, and all his previous incarnations.
• Outrageous Fortune's Grant Bowler is going to play wolf again - this time in True Blood, which presumably means he'll have to learn that deep southern accent that Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer and Ryan Kwanten have already mastered - or whatever accent a werewolf biker sports. Alexander Skarsgard talks a little about season three here.
• Highlights for the 2010 season on New Zealand TV: FlashForward (TV2); Castle (TV1); New Zealand drama This Is Not Your Life, starring Charles Mesure; Cougar Town (TV2); The Good Wife (TV3); Modern Family (TV3); awesome gameshow QI (Prime); Last Chance to See (Prime); and Being Human (Prime).
A historical drama about a 19th-century landowner who secretly diarised her relationships with women comes to Neon.Read more
Lauraine Jacobs traces the evolution of eating in NZ, from the spartan diet of the war years to the vibrant multi-ethnic melting pot of cuisines...Read more